Creating a new culture of care, one life at a time.
Hospitality in Healthcare Internship - Summer 2019
Positions across Northwell Health facilities.
Northwell Health’s Office of Patient & Customer Experience (OPCE) is living proof that you don’t have to work at the bedside to show patients you’re on their side. Our very special group of professionals work to deliver the best experience possible to everyone who entrusts us with their care.
The Hospitality in Healthcare Summer Internship Program is a paid internship focused on a non-clinical and holistic approach to enhancing the patient and customer experience. This program is designed to expose students to various high impact areas that can influence the experience of patients, their families and our customers.
After a comprehensive orientation to our organization, culture, values, and mission – you will explore how non-clinical hospitality-based interventions can drive meaningful outcomes. Through the guidance of your carefully selected mentor, you will take part in the following:
- Exposure to high impact, hospitality-based patient areas (i.e. Patient & Family Centered Care, Environmental Services, Food & Nutrition, Concierge, Chaplaincy, Security, etc.)
- Hands-on implementation of dedicated capstone projects
- Networking with fellow program interns and executive leadership
- Team building activities and site tours
- Concluding Summer Internship Showcase presentation to key leadership and stakeholders
- And much more…
- Must be a Junior or Senior college student
- Hospitality, Psychology, Healthcare Administration, or related college major preferred
- Must have a strong commitment to customer service
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
Deadline: Resumes must be electronically submitted by 11:59pm EST on January 14th, 2019.
Our Mission: Inspiring, challenging and leading Northwell Health to design and deliver experiences our patients and customers desire. We do this by....
- Coaching and inspiring others
- Designing and delivering innovative training initiatives
- Analyzing and interpreting patient and customer feedback
- Developing improvement plans and processes
Meet Our Chief Experience Officer
Sven Gierlinger, Chief Experience Officer.
Learn more about Sven